October 12, 2010

When do I HAVE to order my wedding dress?

Every bride asks “When do I have to order my wedding dress? What is the last date possible I can order my wedding dress?”

Not all brides ask for the same reason. Some it is a money issue. Some want to make sure that she (Type A's)  has no stress and wants to make sure her wedding dress arrives plenty early so she doesn’t have to worry and have those wedding dress nightmares, you know the ones, “I dreamt that my dress came in black”. Brides have them until they see their dress in person. However, a big reason, no matter how big or small a bride may be, is because she wants to know the last possible minute she can order in case she loses weight. Wrong reason. Most brides lose weight the few weeks before the wedding because of nerves. You can take the dress in. Unless a bride has a medication issue, or is on a very strict diet, with boot camp, most brides don’t lose enough weight to make a difference in the size wedding dress she orders. So be realistic, it is better to get the dress in early, at least a couple of months in advance so you have peace of mind, and the dress will probably need taking in somewhere anyways. Whatever your reason, shop when you are ready to find a dress, make a decision and move on to other wedding decisions, or better yet spend your spare time with your fiancé during your engagement period.


Photo by Van Deusen Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment